Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Top 5 Favorite Superheroes!!!

There is so much superhero stuff going on. I love it. I love watching the movies, listening to the opinions, and haveing that feeling that everything is good. I thought it was about time to write about my favorite heroes. Yes, I am excited for movies based on other heroes, but there are just a few that peak my interest more. Let's get to it!

NUMBER 5!!!


Yes, I am going to get a lot of crap for this, but it doesn't matter. Aquaman is one of the most hated comic book characters in history, and there is no reason for that. Why do people hate this guy so much? What stupid thing has he done in the past (other that Smallville) to make people mock him. Nothing. All I'm going to say on the matter is... Family Guy.

When you think about Aquamans powers they aren't as bad as people say they are. He has super strength, can leap above tall buildings, has telepathy, can control water with his wife Merra, he punched out Superman, and yes, he can control sea creatures. He doesn't talk to them, they aren't smart enough to do that. They mentioned all this hate for Aquaman in his New 52 series, which is brilliant for the character. He's just saying "Hey, I am who I am."

Oh and Aquaman loves to eat fish and chips.




NUMBER 4!!!



Super soilder, leader of the Avengers, and overall cool guy, this is Captain America. Yeah the name sounds silly, but the name was created in the 40's, and Cap is pretty nostalgic. I remember when people used to make fun of Captain America before his 2011 movie came out. People said "Captain America? That fruity looking boy scout? That guy's movie didn't work in the 90's, and it's not gonna work now!" and now we're getting The Winter Soilder so...

For those who don't know the origin of Captain M'erica; I'll make it quick. Weak little Steve Rogers wants to join the army and serve his country like a man. No one accepts him, because he's not strong enough phisically. He has the heart, just not the muscel. Scientist Abraham Erskine finds Steve and wants to help him. He gives Steve the Super Soilder Serum and basically 'roids him up. Erskine is killed, and the serum is lost. Steve goes to war to fight some Nazi's.

70 years later, Cap is found in some ice by the Avengers. From then on Captain America became leader of the Avengers.

His powers are super strength, agility, fast thinking, and a great throwing arm. Have you seen the way he throws that shield?

I love the character so much because unlike all the other heroes ever, he is not afraid to kill. He's a soilder. He'll do what he needs to do, as we have seen in the Ultimates. Star and stripe, but filled with alot of soilder.


NUMBER 3!!!






As you could probably tell from my Man of Steel review, I am a big Superman fan. He's a great character, is iconic to so many, and he's the first superhero. I'm not going to get into his origin, because a movie about him just came out.

His powers are heat vision, super strength, super speed, freeze breath, flight, super hearing, alot of stuff. If you like it, great, if not, I can understand. That's alot of powers for one guy. They never bothered me because, there was something else to get mad about. Kryptonite. Kryptonite is the weakness of Superman. It can do different things. Red Kryptonite can take his powers away. Yellow Kryptonite can make him go crazy. Green Kryptonite can kill him. So, it's stupid.

I love the character and am excited to see what they do for Man of Steel 2!



NUMBER 2!!!


He's Batman, of course he's gonna be on this list! Do I really have to say anything? I think I've expressed how much I love this character. Let's move on to...


NUMBER 1:

The Ultimate Spider-Man. Not the T.V show, not Miles Moreales, but Ultimate Peter Parker. For those who aren't into comics. There is an Ultimate Marvel Universe. It is alternate from Earth 616 (the main Marvel Universe). The comics have become so popular that the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) have used some aspects from the Ultimate Universe.

 One of the first comics that came out for the Ultimate Universe was Ultimate Spider-Man. It focused on Peter Parker as a teenager in high school. He dealt with homework, crushes, and being a young superhero. The series kept on going until 2011. They ended it with "Ultimate Fallout: The Death of Spider-Man." The story had Green Goblin, Kraven the Hunter, Electro, Sandman, and Vulture team up to kill Spider-Man. Before the 5 villains found him, Peter was shot by the Punisher while saving Captain America. He fought through the gun shot wound to stop the 5 villains. At the end of the comic, Peter died.

He has the same powers as Earth 616 Spidey. I loved this character so much because he was just so relateable. So many things going on in the story that just work so well.

Well that's all I got. Hope you enjoyed. :)  







1 comment:

  1. Nice list.

    My top 5:

    1. Batman
    2. Kitty Pryde
    3. X-23
    4. Wonder Woman
    5. Spider-Man

    ReplyDelete