Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Andrew Garfield talks about Spider-Man's sexuality


Andrew Garfield has been many peoples favorite Spider-Man. I've only seen the Amazing Spider-Man once, but I remember that I wasn't that impressed with him. I liked him, but it wasn't anything memorable. Recently Garfield mentioned something that I found interesting.

This is what he said:

“I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ,” he tells EW. “And I was like, ‘What if MJ is a dude?’ Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality?  It’s hardly even groundbreaking!…So why can’t he be gay? Why can’t he be into boys?”

I know what Garfield is saying. I understand. The first of two problems I have is... why? Why can't we keep him the way he is? It would be a good "What if?" story, but I just would like to know why he had this idea. The second problem is.... what about Gwen? They've established that Gwen and Peter love each other. This would just be to much for that character to handle. 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment