Thursday, January 9, 2014

All Hail the King






As most of you know, I was very opinionated when it came to the Mandarin twist in Iron Man 3. I was mad at first, then I actually thought about it and decided it was a good twist and made sense in the movie.

When I saw the character Trevor, I laughed, and that's what I like to do. This Marvel One Shot called "All Hail The King" will feature Trevor after the events of Iron Man 3. Many are disappointed that this short isn't about Loki as the king of Asgard. I think that is something that should be dealt with in an actual movie. I don't think something as important to the universe as that should be condensed to a 14 minute short.

This seems more appropriate. I just wonder what they will do in it that's exciting. Drew Pearce (co-writer for Iron Man 3) said this:

"Imagine a real terrorist organization whose beliefs were long held and religious for thousands of years, and imagine a drunk, British actor coming along and essentially telling the world that he's the face of your organization, I think they would be right to be quite angry. The Further Adventures of Trevor was something we had talked about on set all the time, and when we sat down to talk about what the short would be, it was Stephen [Broussard, executive producer of Iron Man 3] and Kevin [Feige, Marvel Studios president] and myself and Joss Whedon and Jeremy Latcham [executive producer of The Avengers.] So we kicked around a bunch of ideas and there were loads of them that we liked, and it was actually Joss who at a certain point went like, 'Or you could do the one that has Sir Ben Kingsley in it because you have access to Sir Ben Kingsley. By the end of the short, there are definitely a lot of exciting other places that are brought up in it that could then go in the Marvel universe. You know, whether that's an Iron Man movie or another one going into Phase Two or Three."

What do you think of this? Are you excited, or mad? Comment and share the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment