Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thor The Dark World Review



This review is dedicated to my good friends Grant, Theron, and Jacob (Sonny).

WARNING: THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW. PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE FILM. If you don't care please enjoy.

It's time for one of the biggest superhero movies of the year! How does this movie hold up on it's own against big budget movies such as: Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, and Star Trek Into Darkness? I think it holds up ok, and is a good sequel to Thor and The Avengers. This movie has so many funny and awesome moments in it. I do have some problems with the humor though.

In the first Thor, the humor was fine. I liked it, and some of the lines made me laugh hard. With this, there are some funny scenes that felt out of place. For example, when Loki "dies" there were people in my audience who were really shocked and surprised. After that emotional gut punch there's a scene where they're making jokes about it. I would've been ok with it if they didn't make this movie much darker than the last movie. Those scenes just felt like they belonged in a different movie.

The acting in this film is good. Chris Hemsworth is always good as Thor, Anthony Hopkins is a good Odin, but who really shines in this movie? Tom Hiddleston as Loki. That guy owns that role. He is fantastic. This was his best portrayal of that character in his career. Whenever I saw him on screen, I was invested, I cared, and at some points I was a bit terrified by his performance. He has presence, this "force push" in his acting that just gets to you.

I feel like I'm going straight into Galactus' stomach for loving Loki in this movie. Everyone loves Loki, but I find my self asking my self... "Did you all forget what this guy has done?" To quote the Black Widow "He killed 300 people in 2 days." There's loving a "bad boy", then there's supporting a terrorist.

Action scenes in this movie. Those scenes are mind blowing. I'm still speechless.

This movie had pros, and it had some cons, but I love the movie. I really like everything in this movie. If you're going to see this movie, pay FULL PRICE, you're going to have a good time. Have a nice THORS-DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment