Monday, November 4, 2013

Pacific Rim Review



Umm.... what was was all the hype about? I understand that a lot of people were excited for the robots fighting the monsters, but other than that... there isn't anything engaging in this movie.

 Many have told me not to judge this movie as an actual movie, but as a 2 and a half hour video game. My response to that is.... not going to happen.

Guillermo Del Torro, Warner Bros, and Legendary Pictures released this as an actual film, it took peoples money to see something on a big screen, like a film, so it will be judged as a film.

What were my thoughts on this giant anime with a budget?

It was long, it had pretty visual effects, and it was boring. Other than the fight scenes, this movie isn't good. There are cliches, stupid characters, and too many sub plots for one movie.

But that isn't why you went to see this movie! You saw it to see Giant Monsters fighting Giant Robots. How is that part of the movie, you ask?

It's cool. It's cool. The special effects were really good, but unfortunately most of the fights in this movie are shot in the dark, so you can't really tell what's going on.

As I said, I thought the movie was long, boring, but it had cool fight scenes and robots.

I think you should see this just for the fight scenes, so this is a RENTAL!  

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... I agree with you. There has been many films that weren’t as good as hype/reviews suggest, but Pacific Rim tops most for me as one of the most overrated film of the year.

    ReplyDelete